Substance Use provides critical training to meet the nation's need for substance misuse, including opioids, tobacco, alcohol and other substances. Learners discover strategies for helping clients avoid and deal with addiction. It gives learners the knowledge-base they need to combat this urgent public health problem.
- Help clients deal with feelings and moods in a healthy way
- Understand healthy ways of self-care to promote
- Understand treatment options for clients who use substances
- Build a local network of skilled professionals for referral
- Understand what increases vs. reduces harm
Audience and Prerequisites
Substance Use is widely applicable to a host of medical professionals and support staff, including medical interpreters, community health workers, patient navigators, volunteers, medical assistants, administrative personnel and others. No previous experience is required. Basic computer experience is required.