What Is a CHW: Basic Training
This FREE 45-minute, on-demand training is the first step in a full community health worker certification and covers roles and boundaries of community health workers. This lesson is part of a self-study program for front-line workers to provide culturally responsive services as part of a core competencies program.
What will you learn in What Is a CHW: Basic Training?
- CHWs as members of a community
- The roles and responsibilities of CHWs
- The most common places where CHWs work
To complete CHW Core Competencies Training, all courses are required.
CHW Core Competencies Training Details:
CHW Core Curriculum
- What Is a CHW: Basic Training
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal and Relationship-Building Skills
- Service Coordination and Navigation Skills
- Capacity Building Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Education and Facilitation Skills
- Individual and Community Assessment Skills
- Outreach Skills
- Professional Skills and Conduct
- Evaluation and Research Skills
- Knowledge Base: Social Determinants of Health
- Knowledge Base: Basic Public Health Principles
Access The Training
Please fill out all fields
(*) By registering, you agree to the processing of your personal data by Talance as described in the Privacy Statement.